“Protect children from homosexuality as it creates health problems.” – Danny Nalliah
So as you’re all probably aware by now, Shermon has invited good old racist, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-choice, Sri Lankan born young earth creationist, Daniel Nalliah to be a ‘guest speaker’ at his Reclaim Australia Rallies.
This has caused some controvery over on The Great Australian Patriot’s page, particularly with right-wingers who are also pro-choice (yeah, it somehow exists) and those of the LGBTQI community.
It seems the dissidents are being silenced on his page, how dare they speak out. But one more prominent voice, James Gilhome, had something to say:
We’re not sure what the second screenshot is about, but, lol.
Anyway, we actually agree with James, really, Danny Nalliah!?!?
So, what’s the fuss about?
Well, Danny Nalliah was born in Sri Lanka in a minority of Tamils. He was introduced, according to his biography, to Christianity by an Australian Missionary.
He migrated to Australia in 1997, during the Howard Era.
In 2004, he campaigned for a seat in the Senate under the Family First Party.
Danny Nalliah is the president of Catch The Fire Ministries and also started his own political party, ‘Rise Up Australia’, a right wing Christian party, in 2011.
Danny has been known to have said some really weird shit, such as:
- In his biography, he claims to have witnessed healing the blind, has healed the deaf, and even resurrected a dead girl through his prayer.
- In 2009, after the tragic Black Saturday Bushfires, Nalliah claimed he had a prophetic dream in October 2008 where he foresaw the bushfires as a consequence of Victoria decriminalising abortion. (We ask, if this were true, and 173 people perished, what an absolute asshole piece of crap for not telling anyone)
- In 2009, prior to being asked to leave Family First Party, Nalliah claimed there Nalliah argued that the discovery of an adolescent “satanist” black mass site at Canberra’s Mount Ainslie indicated that the federal Parliament was “under attack” and referred to witchcraft, liberal abortion laws and legislation that supported LGBT rights in Australia as the “reason” behind an apparent spate of parliamentary marriage crises. He went up to that mountain later, in a publicised event, and claimed a substance he found on a rock was blood in a seemingly divine phenomenon. As it turned out, it was dried red wine. He also performed a failed exorcism on the site as well.
- In 2009, Nalliah planned to use the Holsworthy Barracks terror plot as an argument to explain that Christianity should be protected “as the core value of the nation”.
- After the 2011 Queensland floods, Nalliah stated on his website “…at once I was reminded of Kevin Rudd speaking against Israel in Israel on 14th December 2010. It is very interesting that Kevin Rudd is from QLD. Is God trying to get our attention? Yes, I believe so.”
- In a 2011 interview with Perth’s “Out in Perth”, Nalliah stated that homosexuals can be turned back to heterosexual relationships through education and through Christ. “As a political party, while we love the homosexual community and want to get to know them better, we also have a stand where we say, children need to be protected. We would love to see every man and woman come together, there’s a time in life when you do things, and maybe you feel yes you are locked into an agenda…. [our position] is that homosexuality is not OK”. And also stated that children should not be subjected to homosexual displays of affection and other displays that go ‘beyond morality’.
- In a recent speech, Nalliah, double-whammily stated “So we need to take a good look at the word ‘Multiculturalism’. Although this word seems to sound so good, in reality it is currently destroying the Judeo-Christian West and replacing it with an ‘Interfaith’ deceptive agenda led by the United Nations. It is Communism wearing a new uniform. It is also worth noting that the first few letters of this word is “Multicult“-uralism.”
Some of the state’s goals of Nalliah’s ‘Rise Up Australia Party’ include “Reaffirm our Constitutional right to freedom of religion.”
So what’s he doing at these rallies?
Last year, we saw public revolt when this man and his ministry tried to hold public conferences against homosexuality and abortion, under the guise of ‘family values’.
So contentious it was, federal MPs who were to attend ended up withdrawing, but Daniel Andrews, at the time opposition leader of the Victorian Government, correctly stated “whilst they have now pulled out, their intention to attend was concerning.”
So, with a man so controversial and seemingly UnAustralian, sexist and xenophobic, why would he be chosen to ‘represent Australian values’, especially considering the anti-immigration stance of the ADL, and the fact Nalliah is technically, a migrant.
Or perhaps is it just for shock value?
(We also note Shermon is seemingly cross-selling this man’s book where he claims to have lived under Sharia law. Can you really trust the words of a man who has stated he supposedly resurrected a deceased girl?)